The January 2019 edition is on hold for now. . Nevertheless, if you are interested in participating in future editions, you can check the application below for reference, and please let us know.
We are really sorry for the inconveniences that this might have caused you.
Clubes de Ciencias Team
Apply as an instructor!
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN
QUESTIONS? Click HERE for our FAQs
Are you interested in leading an engaging, hands-on science workshop for high school and undergraduate students in Paraguay, and grow your professional network of researchers and innovators?
We will cover the costs of travel, accommodation, food, facilities, and materials required!
This application work for our next two editions, in the form you can choose in which edition you would like to participate;
Clubes de Ciencia Paraguay (Science Clubs Paraguay) will hold its third edition from July 15th to July 30th* 2018, in Hernandarias, Paraguay
The fourth edition would be held on January 2019, in Asunción, Paraguay. **
We are calling for graduate students, postdocs, experienced professionals and entrepreneurs in STEM fields to join as instructors for the program.
Clubes de Ciencia Paraguay is a non-profit initiative which aims to bring to Paraguay intensive one-week science workshops (clubs), focused on developing technical and cognitive skills in issues of national and global relevance. The courses are led by research scientists from worldwide leading institutions, and they are meant to encourage high school and undergraduate students to pursue a career in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM). The mission is to expand access to high quality science education to youth in Paraguay and inspire the future generation of scientists by giving them access to an international network of mentors engaged in scientific research.
This program was successfully implemented in Mexico, Colombia, Perú, Brazil, Bolivia and Paraguay in 2017 with support of the Department of State and US Embassies, see www.clubesdeciencia.org. Clubes de Ciencia Paraguay team works closely with the founders of the program to learn from their experience and to strengthen the international network of scientists and those who work in Science Outreach.
A Science Club runs for four and a half days.
Day 1: Opening in the morning, and Science Clubs on the afternoon.
Day 2-4: Science Clubs (7 hours) full of activities
Day 5: One morning for the seminar in which each club will present their work to the other participants.
These activities can include lectures, conversations, homework, but most importantly hands-on activities (at least 50% of the time). Each class size is around 20 students max.
Another of Clubes de Ciencias Paraguay’s main goal is the formation of critical and research thinking, creativity and communication skills, together with a positive and proactive vision towards Science and Technology. Moreover, the organization seeks to encourage interest and to facilitate access to educational opportunities such as scholarships.
Spanish fluency is not a requirement, but we prefer the clubs to be in Spanish. Exceptionally, some clubs can be taught in English.
– Be a current graduate student, postdoctoral researcher, or experienced professional in a STEM field, or in entrepreneurship and innovation in STEM.
– International instructors must be based in any country of the Americas or Europe; instructor applications from everywhere else in the world will be considered as well, but with the final selection being subject to budgetary restrictions.
– Spanish fluency is not a requirement, but it is desirable.
– Applicants based in Paraguay will be considered as national instructors.
What will we provide?
– CdeCParaguay will cover a round trip flight ticket up to $1.300 USD. We will try to accommodate other trip dates, but we will try to keep costs on the lower side due to restrictions on our budget.
– CdeCParaguay will cover transportation costs from the hotel to the host university, and to any other events related to Clubes.
– CdeC Paraguay will cover breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the duration of the science club (up to 7 days)
– CdeC Paraguay will cover lodging for the duration of the science club (up to 7 days)
– CdeC Paraguay will cover up to $300 USD for materials needed in your Club, and $350 USD for equipment. Please consider that some equipment might not be available in the country.
– CdeC Paraguay will make the arrangements to reserve a classroom/lab in one of our host universities (office materials will be provided)
We are still working on finding ways to make your stay as genuinely unforgettable – in the best possible way! We will keep you updated, but all of the items mentioned above will be covered.
We will receive applications up to April 1th, 2018 (23:59 h GMT-4)
The 2018 session will be held for one week in July 15th to July 30th*. All travel and accommodation expenses for selected instructors will be paid by the program.
We invite you to follow us on Facebook and Instagram and join our LinkedIn group to become part of our network of researchers and innovators. Please help us share this information with your personal and professional contacts who may be interested in participating!
IMPORTANT DATES FOR INSTRUCTORS
- April 1th: Close call with the deadline at 23:59 hr (Paraguay time)
The official timeline for the fourth edition will be posted on July 2018. (ON HOLD)
The Clubes de Ciencia Paraguay Team
*Adapted from members of the CdeC Peru team.